Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Some more reviews of shit I've been listening to lately:

The Bummer Road - Deep Space Circuit 2 CDR

Deep Space Circuit is the Bummer Road's tour CDR(s) for their recent European tour. I don't know how many copies are available, it's not really publicised (you can order one from Time-lag.com, in the link column). It's a compilation of live material. Most of the "songs" are previously released, but that doesn't matter a bit, because they're all reinterpreted and way different than the original versions. I generally expect live albums to be a step down from a band's studio material, but that ain't the case here. They actually rock out at times which comes as somewhat of a suprise to me, and, I guess because it's recorded live, the music is a bit more straightforward than their usual gauzy, reverb blown releases. They have released other live stuff before, but this release makes it evident that the Bummer Road are really hitting their stride.


No comments: